October cycle tour map

October cycle tour map

Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Cobden to Mortlake

 
Cobden to Mortlake = 45km
Cummulative total = 97km

This will be short and sweet as I have terrible hayfever at the moment so hopefully the photos will speak for themselves.
We woke this morning to a grey cloudy day but as a city girl I doubt if there was any rain in those clouds (and I was right!).  We took a very quiet road (Cross Forest rd) which took us to just west of Camperdown.  It is a lovely quiet road in very good condition and guess what we saw along it?  Our very own Koala!  yes this is our 2nd genuine wild Koala we have seen - the previous one was on a quiet road somewhere on the way to Portland.
 
here he/she is looking directly at me with the camera
 
he/she didn't like the camera so it began to move behind a branch to hide from it ...
 
not the brightest of things as he may not have realised that I too can move to get a better shot of it!
 
of course I got Neil to get a shot of it with me - but it is difficult to see really in the tree!  But we both were very excited to see it.
Once we got to the end of the road and crossed over the main highway we took an unsealed road for 500m to hook up with the Castle Carey road which took us to Mortlake.  We have been on this road before but did it in the opposite direction (Mortlake to Camperdown)
We took a coffee stop at Mt Emu river which is a great camp spot that one day we will stop there.
 
here is Neil studying the map
 
Got to Mortlake just before lunch.  By then the clouds had burnt off and the sun came out.  It was a very warm day in the end ... lovely!
It was fine all afternooon and I managed to try out my new hat.  Unfortunately Dad and Sharon I have had to flag getting yet another one of our genetically inherited desire to buy 'Fred Dagg' type fishing hats and have had to go for one with a broader rim to shade my face.
 
Tomorrow we got to Lake Bolac.  It is suppose to be hot tomorrow and Sunday.  Fortunately we only have short days.

No comments:

Post a Comment